You’ve heard it since you were a child-breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Some may argue with that statement but it is true when you are on a diet. This Atkins-friendly breakfast treat, beef huevos rancheros on Canadian bacon, has less than 2 grams of carbohydrates and is a delicious way to start your day. You can make up a larger batch of the ground beef with spices and have some ready for another morning.
- McDowell, Martha (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 146 Pages - 01/22/2021 (Publication Date) - Independently published (Publisher)
This recipe calls for scrambled eggs, but you can use fried or poached. It’s simply your preference, the taste doesn’t change. Mint can be exchanged for the cilantro.
- 6 ounces Ground Beef (80% Lean / 20% Fat)
- 1/2 cup Green Chili Peppers (Canned)
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/4 tsp Cumin
- 1/4 tsp leaf Oregano
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 4 slices Canadian Bacon
- 4 large Eggs (Whole)
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 4 sprigs Cilantro
The directions for this dish call for scrambled eggs, but you can also serve them fried or poached.
- In a greased medium skillet, brown the beef over medium heat.
- Stir in chiles, garlic powder, chili powder, cumin, oregano, salt and pepper. Cook 5-10 minutes to blend the flavors.
- Lay the Canadian bacon slices over the top of the beef mixture to warm. Remove pan from heat and set aside.
- In another skillet, scramble eggs until firm. This can also be a good use of an electric griddle or skillet. Alternatively, pan fry each egg and place it on top of the beef mixture in step 5.
- Place 1 piece of Canadian bacon on each plate, top with a quarter of the beef mixture and a quarter of the eggs. Sprinkle with cheese and chopped cilantro
Simple and delicious! Thanks to the good folks at Atkins for making this recipe available.