Dieters often complain, with good reason, that they miss some of their favorite foods. Some foods may have sugars, so those are out. Many others may be loaded with unwanted carbs, so those are out. Bread is often mentioned as the one item that dieters miss. Sandwiches, biscuits, rolls-all are usually forbidden on any of the top diet plans. That’s why we were thrilled to find a product called Carbquick.
This is not a carb-free product. It does greatly reduce that amount of carbohydrates that you eat and allows you to have some bread while still following your diet plan. If you are on a keto diet, this is probably not a good product for you until you are about 4 weeks into your plan. Atkins dieters can use this in a limited way after the first 2 weeks of your meal plan.
For some people, breakfast will never ever be complete without toast or biscuits. You want to let the butter melt, then top off the bread with your preferred topping. Using Carbquick can allow you to still enjoy those morning rituals. One biscuit made with Carbquick will have around 3 grams of carbohydrates, a small number that is manageable after the first few weeks of a keto diet.
Zucchini Nut Roll Bread
Ingredients: grease spray.
1 cup Carbquick baking mix.
1 cup almonds.
1 cup sugar replacement.
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon.
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg.
1/2 teaspoon salt.
1/2 teaspoon baking soda.
1/2 teaspoon baking powder.
1/2 cup vegetable oil.
4 large eggs.
1 medium zucchini.
1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- Heat your oven to 350F. Grease an 8 by 4 loaf pan with a cooking spray.
- Blend together the bake mix, almonds, sugar replacement, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, baking soda and baking powder in a large bowl. In another container, mix the oil, eggs, zucchini and vanilla extract.
Mix the zucchini mix into dry components up until they are all blended and you have a smooth batter. Bake it for about 45 minutes till its color will turn to golden brown.
One note: zucchini has a lot of water. Make sure you have dried the zucchini well, pressing it between 2 towels after you have shredded it. Any excess moisture can cause the bread to be wet in the middle after baking.
Garlic Toast Bread
Components: vegetable oil spray.
4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil.
2 tablespoons garlic.
2 cups Carbquick baking mix.
1 tablespoon baking powder.
1/2 teaspoon salt.
1 cup club soda.
2 large eggs.
- Heat your oven to 350F. Coat the 8 by 4 pan with a cooking spray.
- In a microwave- safe cup (with a cover), cook the olive oil and garlic. Leave it for 1 minute till the garlic turns golden brown.
- Blend well the baking mix, baking powder and salt in a bowl. Include the club soda, eggs and tablespoon of garlic oil. Mix it until well- combined. Transfer the dough to a prepared pan, smooth the leading and bake it for about 45 minutes.
Let it cool for 20 minutes in a wire rack. Position it on an baking sheet and brush both corners with garlic oil. Bake for another 10 minutes or until the bread is golden and glistening.